During the Christmas season we have the privilege of celebrating a very special birthday. The birthday of the one who came to earth as a baby, lived a perfect life, died on the cross for our sins, and defeated death so that we can have the relationship that we were created to have. All because of Jesus and the sacrifice that He made, we have reason to celebrate His life and the life that He has given us! But what fun is it to celebrate alone? This Christmas we want to challenge your family to join the party and extend this joy to the people in your lives! Here are some ideas for you and your family:
- Make some cookies and deliver them to your neighbors.
- Create a list of 25 random acts of kindness and then take time to do them all as a family.
- Pick 3 items in your home per family member to donate to Goodwill.
- Go Christmas caroling, make Christmas cards, and visit with the residents in a local nursing home.
- Sign up to ring bells for the Salvation Army.
- Invite someone to a Christmas Eve service.
“God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.”
1 John 4:9-11